Monday, September 21, 2009

morning time... need to loosen the grip


I'm  drinking tea and eating cereal at the kitchen table this morning, and I realize how much the morning pages that I wrote so diligently at the beginning of this year helped my life and creativity.  I've been slacking on them, and feeling more and more overwhelmed by life.  I've given myself a deadline to fire sometime in december.... Every deadline I've put on myself and the kiln project in the past I have betrayed.

Also, this project is vitally important to me.  It isn't just a job that i can escape from afterhours...  It is my life's work, and in the years that this project has been underway many emotions and expectations have clung to this hulk of a thing. 

This weekend we began grate bars for the fireboxes.  They will be made of castable, as well.  I'm gearing up to help my friend Susie Bowman host some japanese potters for the week.  She met them last year in Echizen.  They have never done a soda firing or been to the united states, so it should be a fun and interesting week - if not a little stressful. 

My camera is broken and sent back to nikon for repair, hence the no photos being posted lately. 

exhale.....

No comments:

Post a Comment